Friday, August 22, 2008

I Found Myself Looking


This is my first blog post and I thought I would Create it to get feedback from other beginners starting there first Bonsai trees. What I plan on including is maybe some daily tips and other resources to help the beginner raise there trees to its fullest potential.

Tip #1 - I find that on any of my plants the hormone supplement Super Thrive gives any tree a good start. Not only have I found that it will help the bonsai grow twice as fast but gives the branches a more fuller look. I first tried this on a 2 year old Fujien Tea. I must say I am quite please with the results. Now it is up to the user how frequently SuperThrive is used. I found the supplement at Lowe's for $9.99. Since it is highly concentrated I mix one droplet of Superthrive with ten drops of liquid Miracle-Gro Houseplant food into one liter of water. I then flood the tree with the mix and let it drain. I have been doing this for about 6 months and the tree already looks like it has done a full year worth of growing.



No comments: